Online Baccarat Tips
For players, baccarat is the one online game that requires them to do nothing more than place their wagers and push the "deal" button. There are no playing decisions to be made at anytime because all those decisions are determined by an embedded action grid. That said, an online baccarat tips guide can still provide enough useful information so that you can get a better understanding of the game's idiosyncrasies and betting strategies.
- Understand the Rules - Our online baccarat tips begin with the most important one, learn the rules of the game. When playing online baccarat, knowledge of the rules helps give you a sense of control. The realty is that the online site is already programmed to make all the game playing decisions. By understanding the rules and the payouts, you should be equipped to make proper wagering choices.
- Set Betting and Time Limits - Baccarat is a fast-paced game. As such, you might have a tendency to get wrapped up in the action, which often leads to excessive wagering and/or playing for too long during a sitting. Before you start playing, set your bankroll and give yourself a time limit. Once you have lost your bankroll, it's time to quit, at lease for the day. When physical time is up, you should at least take a break from the action. It is also considered a good practice to set yourself a winnings ceiling. When you hit that amount, it's time to rest on your laurels. Of course, none of this matters if you don't have the discipline to comply.
- Play the Banker's Side - The house's advantage on the Player's side is 1.24%. The advantage on the Banker's side is 1.09% even with the 5% commission that is charged on winning hands. It doesn't take a math major to see there is an inherent advantage to sticking with the Banker's side. It's a great temptation to try to out guess the cards and play both sides. However, the statistics say you should play the Banker's side for the best opportunity to win.
- Never Bet the Ties - Most online casinos pay anywhere from 8-1 to 9-1 for winning "tie" bets. That might sound pretty good from a betting perspective, but further analysis shows this is a bad bet. At 8-1, the houses advantage is 14.4% and at 9-1, it's 4%. Those numbers are difficult to overcome.
- Forget the Systems - There are many professional "touts" who will tell you they have a surefire system for winning at baccarat and they are more than willing to share it with you for a fee. The reality is that anyone with a viable winning system would put it under lock and key. Don't waste your time and/or money trying out the latest systems. All the game's decisions are already programmed and nothing you do is going to increase your chances of winning.
- Don't Ignore the Streaks - It defies the odds, but streaks have a knack for extending beyond reason. If you like playing the Banker's side and the Player's side hits three times in a row, take a quick break until the streak comes to an end. There is no need to tempt fate.
- Practice, Practice, Practice - If an online casino gives the opportunity to play online baccarat for free, you owe it yourself to take advantage of the opportunity. By investing time playing the game for free, you are getting a free hands-on education on how the game is played and how betting strategies affect the game.
other tips to emphasize:
- Start with mini baccarat games which are perfect for beginners – they have lower table limits and smaller number of players so the whole experience is not so intimidating.
- If it’s possible play games with less than 8 decks of cards.
- Never wager all your money on a single bet.
- Be aware that betting a tie (also known as a standoff) - it’s tempting but at the same time it’s probably the worst bet you can do - the odds against one of the players winning are much better.
- Bets on the banker are the best (the chances of winning while making this bet are 44, 6%).
- Don't bet against streaks.
- While betting, start with small amounts.
- Remember that counting cards at this game doesn’t work.
- Study the winning patterns.
- Remember that a natural 8 hand can only be beaten by a 9-hand.
- You have to draw your cards if your total comes out to be lower than 6 or 7.
- Take an advantage of offers and bonuses offered by the casino.