Whether it's in land-based casinos or online, roulette has maintained its reputation as one of the world's favorite gambling games. Experienced gamblers love the variety of short odds wagering opportunities and beginners like the large odds offered if their favorite numbers should hit. Regardless of your playing level or preferences, we hope you will find these online roulette tips to be useful. They are intended to provide you with some insight on how to play and enjoy the game.
- Play By the Rules - It might seem repetitious and unnecessary, but roulette tips should be considered incomplete if they don't stress the importance of understanding the rules. A roulette board provides a lot of different betting options. It is important that you know how and where to bet in order to properly reflect your intentions. More so than other online casino games, roulette is a game of probabilities. If you can grasp that notion, it will help you maximize your chances of winning.
- Get Free Experience - If you can find an online casino that offers free game-play for its roulette games, you can get some great hands on experience playing the game without risk. You should take the opportunity to try out different versions as it will help you better understand why some versions are preferable to others.
- Choose European Roulette - The two most popular versions offered by a majority of online casinos would be European (French) and American Roulette. These games are identical with one major exception, European roulette has but one green spot (0) on the wheel. In American Roulette, there are in fact two green spots (0 and 00). If you're wondering how that affects the house's advantage, the answer is it effectively doubles it. In terms of trying to win money, that represents a huge concession to the house.
- Play the Outside Wagers - Mathematically, the house's advantage on a European wheel is 2.7% no matter which bets you make. On the American wheel, the advantage doubles to 5.3%. However, those statistics fall short of telling the real story. If you have a limited bankroll, you stand a good chance of running out of money before you hit a series of single numbers with that enticing 35-1 return. It would seem to be a far better idea to limit yourself to outside bets that pay 1-1 or 2-1 and hit more frequently. The outside bets are red/black, odd/even, 1-18/18-36, 1-12/13-24/25/36 and column bets.
- Conditions of Playing Single Numbers - If you are dead-set on playing single numbers, you should consider playing several with each spin. It doesn't improve your odds, but it might help generate some cash flow and keep you in the game long enough to hit a hot streak.
- Managing Your Money - It's always a good idea to set limits. This begins by establishing a bankroll and walking away when it's gone without chasing the losses. At the next level, you don't ever want to wager more than 5% of your bankroll on a single spin of the wheel. It's important to remember you can set limits on your winnings as well. One method of doing this is setting aside 50% of your money the moment you double your bankroll. From this point on, you're playing with house money.
- Avoid Systems - Famously, the Martingale system was developed specifically for roulette. While some players swear by it, the truth is it only works if you have deep pockets and the financial ability to endure a possible losing streak. Most people are void that luxury. It's best to accept the fact that roulette is a game of chance and nothing is going to alter the game's probabilities.