Video Poker Tips
Welcome to our list of online video poker tips. We enjoy providing this information because we want our readers to have a place they can go to get a few pointers without having to pay some ridiculous fee. The game of video poker is one of the few online casino games where your odds of winning can be drastically improved if you make the right decisions. We are only satisfied when punters are educated enough to play games correctly and get more enjoyment out of the experience. Let's see some basic steps to follow, to have a better mastering the game:
- Learn the Basic Rules - Almost everyone has played live poker at some point in their lives. Online video poker is pretty much the same except you are playing alone on a computer. Online video poker tips have to start by stressing the important of learning the basic rules of poker. That means understanding basic hand rankings and drawing rules.
- Picking the Right Game - Most online casino offer upwards of 8-12 different variations of online video poker. You can start by playing each game for five minutes and then pick the one that holds your interest. The house's advantage ranges from .5%-1.0% as long as you play each hand properly. Popular versions include Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, Double Bonus, Double Double Bonus, Joker Poker and Deuces and Joker. Each game's rules are slightly different, so read them before you start playing.
- Play for Free - With so many variations to choose from, it is highly recommended you find an online casino that allows you to play video poker games for fun. When you find one, you should try out different variations and keep playing until you feel comfortable with the rules, payouts and format.
- Money Management - When playing slots and video poker, money goes fast. In order to protect yourself from excessive losses, you need to set a budget and don't exceed it. Also, you should set a winning target. Once you secure that level of winnings, put them in your pocket and walk away. Winning streaks and big jackpots are rare. When you are graced with such luck, the last thing you want to do is throw the money right back at the online casino.
- Control Your Pace - It's very tempting to play video poker at a fast pace. You need to keep a reasonable pace so you have adequate time to understand your hand and make proper decisions. No one gets points for losing their money the fastest.
- Keep it Simple - If you find other variations confusing or frustrating, you can always stick with the simplest variation, which is usually Jacks or Better. This particular game represents online video poker in its most basic form.
- Playing Tips - When playing video poker some hands should be played differently than they would be played during live action poker.
- Never keep a "kicker" with a pair. Three of a kind pays 50% better than two pair.
- If you have a flush with a chance for a royal flush, breakup the flush and try for the big payday. However, you don't want to bust up a straight flush.
- Don't breakup a straight for a chance to hit a flush. The potential payout difference is not worth the risk of busting up a winning hand.
- Never draw five cards if you have a single card higher than a 10.
- Never break up a big pair while trying to hit a flush or a straight.