Top SEO Tips for Gambling Sites in 2019 and Above
Technology is rapidly changing in today’s world. SEO techniques are equally changing with technology day after day, and the worst thing is that you might not realize these changes. A strategy that might have won your website high ranking last year may be obsolete today and already hurting your ranking. This is the main reason why you need to remain alert in SEO; otherwise, you might find yourself falling behind, and your competitors bypass you. In this article, you will find an in-depth discussion on the top SEO techniques that will see your gambling websites ranking high in 2019 and above.
- Improve user experience in your entire site
Any search engine would like to show the best results to its user’s query. If the user finds low quality and irrelevant results on your first page, he or she will most likely avoid your site next time. Therefore, for improving the experience of web users on your site, you need to think constantly about the desire to display the best result when you are optimizing your gambling website for SEO.
Search engine like Google pushes a site high in the ranking where users spend more time on it. The rationale behind it is that people will spend time on a page because they find it useful to them. Since Google wants to give the best to its users, it will definitely prioritize your site.
- The posts in your site should be easy to read by using short paragraphs, short sentences, bulleting your points, and writing .
- Use interesting headlines that persuade your readers to continue reading the post
- Start with the most important details and end with the least important ones
- Improve your site speed to make your site load faster
- Optimize your voice search
With the rapid development in technology, more web users are using voice-based searchers as opposed to text searchers. You cannot ignore this development if you are running a gambling website. You need to optimize your website to answer voice queries if you want to attract more traffic to your site.
There are two main ways of optimizing your voice search, which are:
- Your content should be around long-tail keywords. In a text search, one may key-in "free casino bonuses," but in a voice-search, it might be a long tail-like "best casino sites offering free bonuses ." Thus, you should design your search in a manner that can capture the details in the long trail.
- You should structure your data. Structured data, also referred to as schema markup provides Google with a quick rundown of what your site is all about.
- Invest in topic clusters rather than keywords
Your objective should be the intention of your user. What are they looking for, and what would be the best result for their search? This is what will make web users visit your site again and again, not the keywords you use.
You can improve on your web content by:
- Identifying your target audience - Since your web users are mainly those that want to play online gambling and betting, you should create content relevant to these activities. Be focused on quality and originality. Today, gambling niche is overloaded of sites competing for a spot; you should provide something different and new to audience, or enhance your site with free games, online casino reviews, articles and state-of-the-art news.
- Choosing the cluster organization of your content - This will help your reader read posts with ease as the post is classified in a different theme.
- Have a diversity of backlinks
Backlinks play a key role when it comes to ranking. They should have content of high quality but not mere spammed paid links or blog comments if you want them to boost your ranking. The topic should be the most possible related to the gambling niche.
Ensure you create at least five medium/high quality links for every awesome page you create, to improve your backlink profile and variety. This will win you a wide range of links like blogs, news websites, and product pages pointing to your site.
- Know how to measure your SEO performance
It is difficult for your site to remain high in the ranking if you do not carry consistent analysis in your SEO performance. An effective analysis will help you get some essential information like:
- Which content was more appealing to your customers
- Which page attracted the highest and the least visitors
- What changes in the SEO led to high ranking
- Which keyword style do you need to focus on in the future
Four main tools that can help you measure your SEO performance are:
- Data studio - It helps to consolidate data from multiple sources to a single interface, thus, helping you view how your content is performing.
- Ubersuggest - This free tool offered by Neil Patel, helps to view how your sites and those of your competitors are performing, the areas in which you need to improve on to outshine them, backlinks analysis, your total keywords volume per Country, their actual position on Google, their monthly traffic, and much more.
- SEMrush - This tool enables you to track how the keywords are constantly changing in the ranking position.
- Screaming Frog – Essential tool that scan your site’s structure and gives related errors like status codes, crawling errors, indexing, canonical issues, etc. (download required).
What you need to avoid as a gambling webmaster
Maybe you have followed all those techniques discussed above, and your gambling site is not ranking top of other sites. You may be just making some of the small mistakes that most websites do. Below are the mistakes you need to avoid to improve your ranking.
- Failing to improve on the loading speed of your site - What web users want once they open your site is speed so that they can find the content they are looking for as fast as possible. Resizing the images in your web will highly boost the loading speed of your site. Do tests with the PageSpeed Insight tool offered by Google, and change your code accordingly.
- Seeking to rank high using the wrong keyword - The keywords in your posts should be more specific to the objective of your site. Using generic words will not give the result you desire.
- Ignoring user-friendliness - Can online gamblers navigate your site with ease, without feeling frustrated by the content you have? Simple things like keywords, Meta tags, and content layout can draw or send a visitor away from your site.
- Overlooking the need for SEO analysis - How do you know your strategies are working or not? Failing to take time and assess how your SEO is performing will only disadvantage you and favor your competitors in the field.
Recent algorithm updates and their impact on gambling webmasters
The new algorithm updates, popularly known as Google BERT (Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers), will see Google advance in ensuring they offer the best user-friendliness. BERT is a model of natural language processor that can interpret queries in the search, based on the relation of the keywords and other phrases surrounding the keywords. This will make the result of the queries more accurate than before.
BERT Algorithm impact on:
- Voice search - the results of voice search are expected to be more accurate; thus, drawing more people to use voice-based search than the text-search. Therefore, how better you work on the voice search in your site will affect the traffic you get.
- Overall search result - With the new updated Google, understand that the presence or absence of some words like a preposition affects the results desired by the user. Thus, putting or omitting a preposition in your search query will affect the result you get
Website ranking - The new BERT Algorithm is more content-focused. Therefore, if you want your gambling site to continue ranking high, you need to to suit your users’ needs.