In Which Way Casinos Cheat With the Players?
Cheating in casinos is considered a felony under the laws of many states. However, there are two ways cheating is carried out in casinos – players cheat on casinos and casinos also cheat on players. Did you not know that? Yes! Many casinos trick the players to prevent them from winning and there are many ways they carry out this unethical trick. So, let us get ahead and find out the ways through which casinos cheat on players.
- It is a no brainer that most of the times players may be presented with false deals. This is often carried out by dealing the bottom card or the second top card from the deck. The trick employed for this method is mechanic’s grip, which is a way to hold a card deck and also a widely popular card trick.
- Another common way to cheat with the players is by false advertising. The false advertisement propaganda is usually employed in the promotions department (often via email). For example, a casino may advertise a welcome promotional offer, but not give it to the player once he signs up. For this reason it’s important to read casino reviews and give a look at the user’s ratings before to sign up.
- Continuing with the card tricks, a casino may also shuffle the deck falsely and cut between the cards. The reason behind doing so is that the dealer can arrange a certain order of cards in the deck, while portraying that the cards are being shuffled properly. Another thing that a dealer can do is use cold deck trick, in which the dealer switches the original deck with a preset deck, thus benefiting the casino.
- You may have noticed in some gambling movies that casinos or players use different ways to control the landing of the roulette ball. It may sound cliché, but yes, in many live online casinos, there’s a possibility that software may be employed to control the landing of ball. It may also be carried out in a casino by rigging the roulette wheel. The casinos benefit by making maximum money by scraping extra percentage.
- Another very easy way a casino cheats on its players is by endorsing rule sets that are not authorized by any gambling authority. In this case, the casino or the dealer would come up with rules that highly improve their profits. The players most likely to be deceived by this trick are the novice players as well as tourists who have no idea how the rules usually work, let alone play by the legit rules.
- In the most common scenarios, a player would be tricked by casinos using a crooked dice. Generally, the dice is tampered and fixed with weight so that the dice lands on a specific side. The weight distribution in the dice thus helps the casinos by hampering the landing of the dice. Therefore, when the dice lands on a specific side, it will only reveal the winning number that is on its opposite side.
- Another most common way a casino player is deceived is by carrying out mail scam. Similar to false advertisement, a mail scam would honor or reward a player, thus inviting them to a casino. But when the player checks in with the casino, there would be no one responsible for the reward or the invitation. This method is also called as bait and switch, which usually employs methods of luring the players.
These were the top 7 ways the casinos cheat with their players. As meager these tricks may sound, but the casinos save and make a lot of money by using these simple tricks. Although there are many more ways the dealers or casinos can scam the players, but these remain the most favorite and easiest to conduct. However, there are many casinos that make use of proper playing procedure, which are in favor of both the player as well as the casino. These methods include the approved standard ways of handling cards, dice, use of CCTV cameras and facial recognition software.
So, while you’re out there to play at your local casino for some fun, don’t forget to verify the standard rules that casino is following. By ensuring that your casino is legit, you will save yourself a lot of money and a chance from getting scammed.