Online Casinos Guide
Online casinos were first introduced in the mid 1990s. Since then, online casino have been gradually popping up in record numbers. There are currently hundreds if not thousands of online casinos from which to choose.
Before to begin, we want to highlight that these tips are not intended to turn you into a professional gambler. They are essentially suggested to promote awareness and .
- Research with diligence - With so many sites to choose from, there is no need to gamble with a site that has a questionable reputation. You need to by reading reputable reviews and news reports. There are a few watchdog sites that provide solid information regarding potentially suspect brands. When in doubt, you can trust the online casino reviews listed here on our site. There are many solid brands we recommend to our customers.
- What to look for in a casino online - There are three things you want to verify before joining a casino site. First, is it the site licensed and regulated by a reputable jurisdiction? Most of the reliable jurisdictions include, Malta, Gibraltar, Alderney, Curacao, UK Gambling Commission, Kahnawake (Canada) and Isle of Man. Second, you want to make sure that the software is certified as "safe and fair". Most sites will provide certificates from independent entities like , or . Finally, you should look for sites that have been around for a while. It's hard to determine a site's mode of operation without a track record (check online for their history and reputation).
- Compare bonus promotions - Online casino owners understand they are operating in a very competitive industry. With that in mind, most reputable sites offer a nice selection of bonus promotions to draw customers to the site. If trying to decide between several well-established and reputable sites, let the bonus promotions be your guide and pick the ones you find most enticing.
- Read Terms and Conditions - Yes, it's a boring process, but you can avoid disputes with online casinos if you understand their terms and conditions. This is especially important if related to bonus promotions and banking transactions.
- Play a variety of games - The best way to find the most enjoyable games is to invest time and play several demo games (many casinos offer a free play mode before to switch into real money play). You never know what you are going to find until your start looking around.
- Learn the rules of the game - There is always a right and wrong way to play. By taking the time to learn properly how to play, you will significantly improve your chances of winning. You should also be aware of the fact that not all online casino games follow exactly the same rules. For example, blackjack has more than 6 variations (spanish 21, blackjack switch, double exposure, and others), so you will play more confidently if you know their specific rules in advance. Remember that almost each game have a menu with its rules inside to consult before starting playing.
- Banking - Make sure that the sites you choose have well-protected banking modules and use proper Internet security protocol. You should look for references to 128/256-bit . You should also be aware that while most online casinos offer a wide range of deposit options, withdrawal methods are usually limited. You need to determine the best available methods for deposit, but mostly the withdrawal options before joining a site. Refer to their terms and conditions, as well as your local laws.
- Compatibility - Casinos have evolved so much to serve users from almost each type of hardware having and internet connection. To start playing, you can download the software required (some sites prohibit MAC computers), play through modern browsers (flash/instant play mode) and via a mobile app that is usually compatible with iOS and Android mobile devices. Note: Flash and mobile apps, typically have a limited number of available games.
How to start
- Before to play, usually you need to download the software. Alertanatively, many brands offer an instant-play option (no-download required). With an updated browser (Google Chrome is very fast and flexible) and a decent internet speed, you can play online without problems.
- After downloading the software, you need to install it – just click on the new icon you can find on your desktop, and follow the instructions.
- When the installation process is finished, create your personal account (enter your details, username and a password). After your initial log-in you will probably have to decide if you want to play for real money or for chips – if you are going to pick the first one, follow the prompts. If you decide to play only for fun, just pick your game and start gambling. , since you will have to verify your identity when you want to withdraw your winnings.
Are online casinos legal?
It depends on the country where you play. Each country has different laws, so, to make sure that online gambling and online casinos are legal in your country, you should check how local laws deal with internet gambling activities.
How can I withdraw my winnings?
There are plenty of options for doing this. You can use: credit cards, cheques, cheques via Courier, wire transfers, cryptocurrencies (bitcoin) and dozen of e-money transfer services like Skrill or NETeller (get a free account here).
How can I deposit my money in an online casino?
There are several ways to do it: by credit card, wire transfer, Paypal, Skrill, NETeller, Cryptocurrencies, etc. For more information, check out our guide on the most common casino banking options here.