The word gambling needs not much of an introduction anymore as almost everyone is pretty much familiar with this. Though it is difficult to cite any reasons as to why people love gambling but one thing is for sure that each one would have his/her own reason for it. Online gambling is relatively a new phenomenon and a very popular activity - and this is more than a reason that every other day a new online gambling website is launched to attract potential customers.
It isn’t surprising that we all know that gambling has been popular throughout history and people have indulged in gambling in various forms whether be it gambling on games or anything else long before the internet existed. With technology and internet, gambling has become easier and people now can indulge in online gambling anytime any day and there is no stopping to it now.
Whether you gamble at real casinos or online casinos, both have its pros and cons and there have been people all over the world who believe that online gambling should be banned. However few of these may have some questionable intentions to believe this which may include owners of the brick and mortar casinos as an example. In the same manner, there are some legitimate and logical concerns which can be addressed through this ban. There are several supporters of it as well and people love to gamble as it is their passion.
People love online gambling much and believe that there is no need to talk about any negatives coming out of it rather people should adapt to change and move on with it. It is true that no one should encourage gambling and it should be one’s own judgment while still; we would discuss the pros and cons of online gambling.
- Online gambling is entertaining and exciting which attracts customers to bet online and make some money
- Customers get better choice of betting and gaming options which is a great advantage as compared to physical casinos
- It offers more privacy and security to players and this is something which is an added advantage
- Customers find online gambling as more convenient as compared to physical casinos as they need not travel long distance.
- Online gambling is suitable for all budgets and offers the comfort to customer to gamble from his/her home
- Last but not the least online gambling sites offer a wide range of incentive and their bonuses and rewards are too good to say No to online gambling. A customer gets welcome bonus which is basically getting extra funds added to your account when you sign up with any online website.
- One needs to be patient enough to get your money after you cash out. Even when the online gambling website pays you out you need to bear with delays at your credit card end.
- Many reputed and well known online gambling websites do offer great customer service through live chat, email and provide a toll-free number but then there are several others which have snobby and delayed service which can be a tough challenge to deal with. They take days to reply to an email and even have nonworking telephone numbers and they live the customers in lurch one they have their money.
- Customers do register and start gambling at websites which do not have any legitimate gaming license and thus they lose any power in the event of a dispute.
- If you indulge in online gambling at different websites handling or balancing your credit card statement can be a tough challenge for you. Transaction rarely indicates the name of the casino you play with and thus it becomes a nightmare to differentiate which amount was transacted at which website.
As per a recent article on BBC News, more gamblers are banning themselves amid the rise in online betting and new figures have been revealed. Online betting firms/ websites have received 50,000 requests from customers asking to close their accounts last year which is a healthy increase as compared to mere 7000 requests the previous year.
As per Gambling Commission revelation, £4.7bn was bet online in 2016-17 and all betting operators have been required to offer the scheme called GameStop. Currently, gamblers need to contact each company they hold their betting account with and place a request to stop or excluded.
Lastly, each player should understand that online gambling is fun and it . Never make it a habit as it is a trap and one should understand it well that there are no free lunches in this world.