Spanish 21 (Pontoon) - Strategy, rules and specifics
If you are tired of playing regular poker or blackjack and want some as thrilling and engrossing then playing Spanish 21 will solve your problem. Spanish 21 is a black jack variant and is owned by Masque Publishing Inc. Also named 'Pontoon' in many online casinos, Spanish 21 is a table game that is recently gaining popularity. The game is now played in most of the casinos around the globe. The game was first introduced in Las Vegas 7 years ago and now you can see 1-2 tables for this game in every casino. The game is new to online casino and the rules and procedures applying to it are:
Rules and Strategies
The game is very similar to black jack with few vital differences, the game is played with a deck of 48 cards. The 10s have been waved off, although some interesting bonuses have been added for players to offset the part of added house advantage.
The following rules that apply to black jack are also applicable when playing Spanish 21 with some of these adjustments:
- Player's 21 always beat dealer's 21.
- Player's blackjack always beats dealer's blackjack. (Pays out 3:2).
- Outside of Spanish 21 and Blackjack, all the other ties are pushed.
- Even after splits, a player can double down on any number of cards.
- Player is allowed to split in pairs, including aces, up to 4 hands.
- After getting the first 2 cards, the player is allowed to give up, for which they will only lose half of their bet. However, surrendering in case of blackjack at dealer’s hand is not permitted.
- Dealer hits on a soft 17
- But in case the dealer qualifies and defeats the player then both raise and ante will lose.
- The player can execute a double down rescue; where he is able to surrender his original bet, and save his double down bet.
Special Spanish 21 Bonuses:
- 6 card 21 pays 2:1
- 7 card or more 21 pays 3:1
- A 21 consisting of a 6,7, and 8 (mixed suits) pays 3:2
- A 21 consisting of a 6,7, and 8 (matching suits) pays 2:1A 21 consisting of a 6,7, and 8 (all spades) pays 3:1
- A 21 consisting of three 7's (mixed suits) pays 3:2
- A 21 consisting of three 7's (matching suits) pays 2:1
- A 21 consisting of three 7's (all spades) pays 3:1
You can also enjoy the super bonus that applies and pays you if dealt with three 7’s and the face up card at dealer’s hand is also 7. It pays you $1000 on bets between $5 and $ 14 and pays $5000 for bets over $25. If you know black jack and have been playing it for long then you will love this game as well and won’t find it difficult to grasp.